PRIEURE DE GRANDMONT

GENOUILLY - 18

Declared a national property in 1790, the buildings were used by successive owners as the centre of an agricultural operation and were consequently severely damaged. Since 1850, it has belonged to the Solacroup family and their descendants, including Michel Huet, who from the 1960s undertook important restoration work which allowed its classification as a historical monument in 1980. It is possible to visit the monks' dormitory (with its beautiful Romanesque windows), the Chapter House which opens onto the courtyard by a door framed with beautiful "triplet" columns, and the chapel which is intact except for a broken vault and which has an apse iluminated by three bay windows with wide internal openings.

Languages spoken
  • English
  • French
Document languages
  • French
Themes of the site
  • Abbey
  • Chapel
  • Farm
  • Monastry
Site categories
  • Listed or registered
Architectural styles
  • Romanesque
Payment methods
  • Cash
Individual visits
  • Guided visits on request
  • Average duration: 1h
Languages of the visit
  • Visit: French
  • Signs: French
Facilities
  • Parking
Information
  • Groups welcome (from 15 to 50 people)
  • Pets not allowed

PRIEURE DE GRANDMONT

Prieuré de Grandmont
Lieu-dit Grandmont, n°2
Route de Maray
18310, GENOUILLY
France
Itinerary
prieure grandmont
18-vierzon-prieuregrandmont2018

Contact us

Fields marked with a * are required