While the Saint-Philibert church experienced fires and reconstructions, the inhabitants built a chapel next to it. This will later be used as a place of worship during the Revolution. It will be enlarged to accommodate the faithful and will become the parish church from 1801 to 1855. In the middle of the 19th century, the chapel began to collapse. The inhabitants then decided to demolish it and build a new church. The first stone was laid on June 23, 1854. The workers worked on the bell tower until Easter 1856. The work was completed on November 11, 1868 with the installation of the ball crowning the spire. The church is naturally dedicated to Saint Anne. Indeed, the parish priest of the time insisted on keeping this patronage, observing the scope of pilgrimages. Every year, on July 26, a mass is celebrated in the church to pay homage to the saint.
Themes of the site
44640, LES MOUTIERS-EN-RETZFrance