7 tips for enjoying the International Garden Festival 2018
The 27thInternational Garden Festival in the Regional Domain of Chaumont-sur-Loire recently opened its doors to welcome visitors to the "Jardins de la pensée” (Gardens of thought). For the occasion, we’ve decided to share a few tips with you for getting the most out of this year’s edition!
- For those travelling by train, there are shuttles running from the station in Onzain/Chaumont up to the château from 14 April onwards. You can also benefit from a concessionary rate at the entrance to the Domain upon presentation of your train ticket.
- If the weather’s fine, consider travelling by bike. The Regional Domain of Chaumont-sur-Loire is located on the route of La Loire à Vélo. Spaces to lock up bikes and leave baggage free of charge are available at each of the entrances to the Domain.
- Inside, you can visit the château, park and stables, wander around the International Garden Festival and discover the works of contemporary art in the Arts and Nature Centre, all for a single admission fee!
- You can easily spend a whole day visiting and exploring the site! A gourmet restaurant, Mediterranean buffet and other dining options are ready to welcome visitors for a tasty break.
- Download the "Château of Chaumont-sur-Loire" visitor app to discover the château in an interactive and connected way!
- Last but not least, don't miss "the Gardens of Light" event in summer. In July and August, the International Garden Festival is open at night and lit up by LEDs.
Are you looking for a hotel, bed and breakfast, campsite, gite or traditional horse-drawn caravan? Discover all our accommodation ideas for your stay in the Loire Valley.